Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Don't Handle Stress Well

I've heard that building is stressful, but this is ridiculous. We haven't even started to build and I am stressing. I can't stop worrying about whether it is the right decision and if we can afford it. We got an updated estimate for the downstairs and the entire house. We met with our contractor and asked for an estimate for just the upstairs. He said that we should get it on Wednesday. The downstairs estimate is MUCH higher than before (Wouldn't that make you stress too?) The estimate is higher because we increased the size of the interior and the cistern, the price of certain materials went up, the contractor included the cost of a kitchen (which we initially asked him not to do),... So, yeah it should be higher, but I wasn't expecting it to be so much higher. I'm really worried about the cost of the house and the approximately 9 months that it will take to build. Plus, my mom really wants me to build too, which is great, but stressing me out a little also. I need to figure out a way to relax, especially since we haven't even started to build yet. Got any ideas?

Sometime this week, the contractor is also supposed to take us to see a few of the houses he has worked on. Maybe getting a closer look at his work will help me relax and get excited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment