Wednesday, September 14, 2011

199 Days, Maybe More

The countdown app on my phone says I have 199 days until my house is ready, but I'm not sure that its right.  Have you heard about a little storm named Maria?  Maria was supposed to hit the Virgin Islands last Saturday, but didn't.   She brought some rain here, but that's about it.   It has been raining since Saturday, although today wasn't bad.  Even though Maria didn't hit us, our supply shipment that was supposed to get here on Friday was rescheduled for Monday.  I'll be honest, I haven't called the contractor to see if it came in.  Its on my list of things to do tomorrow.  Also, if the ground is wet, clearing land is more difficult.  So, since the storm and rain are acts of God, I guess that means the contractor gets more time.  

Maria headlines from the Virgin Islands Daily News

September 9th: V.I. under tropical storm watch

September 10th: State of emergency in effect ahead of Maria

September 12th: Tropical Storm Maria passes 50 miles north of V.I.

September 13th: Heavy rains fall in Maria's wake


No comments:

Post a Comment