Friday, June 26, 2009

This Weekend: Do Something Good

This weekend I will be walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life in St. Thomas. Although I am walking to support all of those who have and are fighting cancer, I will also be trying to encourage people to register for the Bone Marrow registry. I have a personal interest in this cause because in April of this year, Paul's cousin Khephra Nielsen was diagnosed with Leukemia. Khephra is currently looking for a bone marrow transplant donor to save her life. Khephra's family and friends are organizing bone marrow drives in St. Croix and St. Thomas. The St. Croix drive started today and will continue tomorrow. The St. Thomas drive will be held at Tutu Park Mall from 10am-5pm on Saturday, July 18th.

2 comments:

  1. I heard Kiephra passed away this weekend. My condolences to all in whose lives she made a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khepra,I met u in New York,came to admire everything bout u, introdoced me to Philadelphia,loved your personality and your dog Kaya,today While dreaming in my sleep,and after purchasing a home in phila I felt the need to contact u,and thank u for everything, did a google search and got the News of your departure, I 'm shocked and full of mixed emotions,why did I waited so long to contact u, and why did u came into my dream tonight wed Dec 15 2010. this is soo weird,but magical.what is she trying to tell me?My deppest condolences to all family and friends,

    ReplyDelete